Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Purchase of Alaska Political Cartoon Analysis


The issue this political cartoon is about is the purchase of Russian America (Alaska) from Russia. I can see this because congress is obtaining Russian American through the treaty. The author’s message is that Russian American is a great deal. I say this because it says at the bottom that they will cool down the congressional majority which means it will be good. Other people could form an opinion that the purchase is a waste. I can see this view point because it looks like they are hauling a large piece of rock that could be bad. The author used labeling. I can see this because the cart and the rock is labeled. Also this supports my opinion on American imperialism because we gained Alaska from Russia which turned out to have a lot of resources like gold and oil.
7N.p., n.d. Web.
https://odysseythroughhistory.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/1-alaska-purchase-cartoon-granger.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment